Your privacy is our priority.
We take your privacy very seriously and only collect the information that is needed to provide you an exceptional user experience.
This document, which we update from time to time, describes the information identifying you that we collect, how we use and process this information, and with whom it’s shared. It also tells you how to contact us if you have questions about your personal information.
- Aggregate Information: personal information that has been combined with that of multiple customers and has been analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
- Anonymized Information: information where your Registration Information (e.g., your name and contact information) and other identifying data has been removed such that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual.
- Individual-level Information: information about a single individual’s sleep, health, diseases or other traits/characteristics, but which is not necessarily tied to Registration Information.
- Personal Information: information that can be used to identify you specifically, either alone or in combination with other information. Restafy collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- Registration Information: information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g., name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- Sleep Information: information regarding your sleep, generated through processing of your Sleep Assessment and/or Home Sleep Test Kit Information by Restafy or by its contractors, successors, or assignees; or otherwise processed by and/or contributed to Restafy.
- Sleep Assessment: all information about yourself, including your sleep health, lifestyle information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, other health-related information, and other information that you enter into surveys, forms, or features while signed in to your Restafy account.
- Sensitive Information: information about your health, Sleep Information, and certain Sleep Assessment such as racial and ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
- User Content: all information, data, text, software, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials – other than Sleep Information and Sleep Assessment-generated by customers of Restafy Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through Restafy.
- Web Behavior Information: information on how you use the Restafy website (e.g., browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
- Service or Services: Restafy’s services, software, products, and website (including but not limited to text, images, graphics, and other material and information) as accessed on occasion by the user, regardless of whether the use is in connection with an account or not.
The following are our core privacy principles:
- We collect and handle information (i) to provide, analyze, and improve our Services, (ii) as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, including for advertising and marketing purposes, (iii) to protect the security and safety of our company, employees, and customers as we reasonably believe is permitted by laws and regulations, (iv) to comply with laws and regulations we are subject to, and (v) for research purposes when you give us your consent.
- We will not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level information (i.e., information about a single individual’s sleep, health, diseases or other traits/characteristics) to any third party or to a third party for research purposes without your explicit consent.
- We understand and respect the sensitive nature of the information you may provide to us, including information about your sleep problems, lifestyle, health issues, racial and ethnic origin, and so on. Accordingly, we strive to be transparent in our collection, use, and disclosure of this information and to ask for your explicit consent to share such sensitive information with third parties. Please see below to learn more about our sharing and consent practices.
- We are committed to providing a secure and safe environment for our Services.
3. What information we collect
Information you provide directly to us
- Registration Information. We collect personal information about you when you register an account with us or purchase our Services, such as your name, date of birth, contact information such as your email and phone number, billing and shipping address, and payment information.
- Sleep Assessment. You are requested to provide us with additional information about yourself through surveys, forms, features, or applications. For example, you may provide us with information about your personal traits (e.g., weight, height), ethnicity, sleep problems, other health-related information, and lifestyle information. Where you are disclosing information about a family member, you should make sure that you have permission from the family member to do so.
- User Content. Some of our Services allow you to create and post or upload content, such as text, video, messages, data, audio, images (photos and graphics), or other materials that you create or provide to us through either a public or private transmission (“User Content”). For example, User Content includes any comment you place on Restafy’s website.
- Social Media Features and Widgets. Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like or Share button and Widgets, and the LinkedIn Open ID application (“Features”). These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie enabling the Feature to function properly. They may also allow third-party social media services to provide us information about you, including your name, email address, and other contact information. For example, if you use a social network account to sign in to our service, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Amazon may import personal information from your profile on their site to populate your personal information. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
- Referral Information and Sharing. When you refer a person to Restafy or choose to share results information with another person, we will ask for that person’s email address. We will use the email address solely, as applicable, to make the referral or to share your results information, and we will let your contact know that you requested the communication. By making a referral or by choosing to share information with another person, you confirm that the person has given you consent for Restafy to communicate (e.g., via email) with him or her. The person you referred may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Address books. If you choose to use your computer’s or mobile device’s address book in connection with our Services to make referrals or to request that we communicate with another person, we may collect the names and contact information of those persons for these purposes only.
- Third-party services (e.g., social media). If you use a third-party site, such as Facebook or Twitter, in connection with our Services to communicate with another person (e.g., to make or post referrals or to request that we communicate with another person), then in addition to that person’s name and contact information, we may also collect other information (e.g., your profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age range, language, country, friends lists or followers) depending on your privacy settings on the third-party site. We do not control third-party site’s information practices, so please review their privacy policies and your settings on those sites carefully.
Information related to our sleep testing services
- Home Sleep Test Kit and Sleep Assessment. To use our sleep services, you must purchase a Sleep Profile Basic or Sleep Profile Plus, register an online account, and return your Home Sleep Test Kit. Once received, your Home Sleep Test Kit will be identified by its unique code, along with your name, sex, height, weight, and date of birth or age. The code label identifies you to us but not to our third-party processing partner(s). Your Home Sleep Test Kit raw data is retained for by Restafy for 180 days and then destroyed unless the company or partner’s legal and regulatory requirements require it to maintain original data.
- Sleep Profile Information. Sleep Profile Information refers to features of your sleep particular to you and is generated when we analyze and process your Home Sleep Test Kit and Sleep Assessment, or when you otherwise contribute or access your My Account Dashboard through our Services. Sleep Profile Information includes the My Account Dashboard information reported to you as part of our Services and may be used for other purposes, as outlined in Section 4 below.
Information collected through tracking technology (e.g., from cookies and similar technologies)
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you, such as your user profile ID or order number. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash Cookies (Local Shared Objects) to collect and store information. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is used to perform many of the tasks listed above. We use the User-ID feature of Google Analytics to combine behavioral information across devices and sessions (including authenticated and unauthenticated sessions). We have enabled the following Google Analytics Advertising features: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. We do not merge information collected through any Google advertising product with individual-level information collected elsewhere by our service. Learn more about how Google collects and uses data here. To opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, please use Google Ad Settings or the links provided in section 2.b.c.ii (“Targeted advertising” service providers). To opt out of Google Analytics entirely, please use this link.
We may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device when you access our Service by or through a mobile device.
Other Types of Information.
4. How we use and share information
Using information to provide, analyze and improve our Services
- open your account, enable purchases and process payments, communicate with you, and implement your requests (e.g., referrals);
- host our website, run our mobile application(s), authenticate your visits, provide custom, personalized content, and information, and track your usage of our Services;
- conduct analytics to improve and enhance our Services;
- offer new products or services to you, including through emails, promotions or contests;
- implement online marketing campaigns and targeted advertising, including by utilizing third-party ads (subject to your cookie settings and preferences), and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and targeted advertising;
- conduct surveys or polls, and obtain testimonials;
- process and deliver your sleep testing results;
- perform research and development activities, which may include, for example, conducting data analysis and research in order to develop new or improve existing products and services; trialing new protocols, techniques, or equipment; performing data analysis; sharing information with academic groups and other third parties to advance their studies; and performing quality control activities. Some of these activities may result in commercialization with a third party.
You may be able to opt-in, opt-out, or otherwise adjust your preferences of having your information used for certain of these activities. Please see below to learn more.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Using information with your consent
You have the choice to participate in Restafy Research by providing your consent. “Restafy Research” refers to research aimed at publication in peer-reviewed journals and other research funded by the federal government (such as the National Institutes of Health – NIH) conducted by Restafy. Restafy Research may be sponsored by, conducted on behalf of, or in collaboration with third-parties, such as non-profit foundations, academic institutions or pharmaceutical companies. Restafy Research may study a specific group or population, identify potential areas or targets for therapeutics development, conduct or support the development of drugs, diagnostics or devices to diagnose, predict or treat medical or other health conditions, work with public, private and/or non-profit entities on sleep research initiatives, or otherwise create, commercialize, and apply this new knowledge to improve health care. Restafy Research uses your aggregate or individual-level Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information specified in the Consent Document.
- Consent process for research. Your Home Sleep Test Kit, Sleep Assessment, and Sleep Profile may be used for Restafy Research only if you have consented to this use by completing a Consent Document. If you have completed a Consent Document:
- Restafy may use individual-level Home Sleep Test Kit, Sleep Assessment, and Sleep Profile internally at Restafy for Research purposes. If you have completed the Individual Level Data Sharing Consent, Restafy and select third-party research partners may use individual-level Sleep Information and Sleep Assessment for Research purposes.
- When your Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information is being used for research purposes, it will not be linked to your Registration Information.
- Withdrawing your Consent. You may withdraw your consent to participate in Research at any time by changing your consent status within your Restafy Account Settings. If you experience difficulties changing your consent status, contact us at email@example.com. Restafy will not include your Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information in new research occurring after 30 days from the receipt of your request. Any research involving your data that has already been performed or published prior to our receipt of your request will not be reversed, undone, or withdrawn. You may also discontinue your participation in research by closing your Restafy account. If you withdraw your consent for research your Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information may still be used by us and shared with our third-party service providers to provide and improve our Services (as described in Section 4.a), and shared as Aggregate Information that does not identify you as an individual (as described in Section 4.d).
- What happens if you do NOT consent to Restafy Research? If you do not complete a Consent Document or any additional consent agreement with Restafy, your information will not be used for Restafy Research. However, your Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information may still be used by us and shared with our third-party service providers to provide and improve our Services (as described in Section 4.a), and shared as Aggregate or Anonymous Information that does not reasonably identify you as an individual (as described in Section 4.d).
- Consent process for research. Your Home Sleep Test Kit, Sleep Assessment, and Sleep Profile may be used for Restafy Research only if you have consented to this use by completing a Consent Document. If you have completed a Consent Document:
Recruiting for external research
Academic institutions, healthcare organizations, and other groups are always conducting interesting new research projects. We want to make you aware of these opportunities. While we do not share individual-level Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information with third parties without your consent, from time to time, we may inform you of third-party research opportunities for which you may be eligible. For example, if a university tells us about a new sleep research project, we may send an email to Restafy members who potentially fit the relevant eligibility criteria based on their Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information to make them aware of the research project and provide a link to participate with the research organization conducting the study. If you do not wish to receive these alerts, you can unsubscribe to them by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of these emails.
Information we share with third parties
- General service providers. We share the information described above in Section 3 with our service providers, as necessary to provide their services to us. Service providers are third parties (other companies or individuals) that help us to provide, analyze and improve our Services. For example, we work with third-party laboratories and contractors to process and analyze your Home Sleep Test Kit for purposes of generating your Sleep Information. NOTE: Our service providers act on Restafy’s behalf. While we implement procedures and contractual terms to protect the confidentiality and security of your information, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information due to the inherent risks associated with storing and transmitting data electronically.When you purchase a Sleep Screening or Home Sleep Test from Restafy, you are instructed to return the Home Sleep Test Kit to us with a unique code label. The unique code identifies you to us but not to the Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility. We are also required to provide to the Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility, your name, sex, height, weight, and date of birth or age pursuant to clinical Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility requirements. No other Registration Information (such as your address, email, phone number, or other contact information) is required or provided to the Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility. The receiving personnel at Restafy will remove and discard your “sender information” from the packaging (e.g., address) before testing personnel receive the samples for processing. Receiving personnel do not perform testing, and testing personnel handle Home Sleep Test Kits that are labeled only with the unique barcode and required test information. Your Home Sleep Test Kit raw data is retained for by Restafy for 180 days and then destroyed unless the company or partner’s legal and regulatory requirements require it to maintain original data. The Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility securely sends the resulting Sleep Information to us along with your unique code, along with your name, sex, height, weight, and date of birth or age. Sleep Information is stored securely on our servers; the Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility also stores your Sleep Information, but again, labeled only with the unique code, along with your name, sex, height, weight, and date of birth or age.
- Aggregate information. We may share aggregate information with third parties, which is any information where your Registration Information (e.g., your name and contact information) has been removed and aggregated with information of others so that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual (“Aggregate Information”). This Aggregate Information is different from “individual-level” information. Individual-level Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information consists of data about a single individual’s sleep, health, diseases or other traits/characteristics information. For example, Aggregate Information may include a statement that “30% of our female customers share a particular sleep problem,” without providing any data or testing results specific to any individual user. We may provide such Aggregate Information in commercial arrangements with our business partners. In contrast, individual-level Sleep Information could reveal whether a specific user has a particular sleep problem or all of the Sleep Information about that user. Restafy will ask for your consent to share individual-level Sleep Information or Sleep Assessment with any third party, other than our service providers as necessary for us to provide the Services to you.
- Product and service providers. To third parties to market their product or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually required these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Disclosures required by law
Under certain circumstances, your information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders, or in coordination with regulatory authorities, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Restafy will preserve and disclose any and all information to law enforcement agencies or others if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal or regulatory process (such as a judicial proceeding, court order, or government inquiry) or obligations that Restafy may owe pursuant to ethical and other professional rules, laws, and regulations; (b) enforce the Restafy Terms of Service and other policies; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Restafy, its employees, its customers, its clients, and the public.
5. Your choices
Access to your account
If your Registration Information changes, you may access, correct or update most of it from your My Account page. You may also modify and delete certain of your information, or update your consent status options. You may be able to correct or reset Sleep Assessment entered into a survey, form, or feature from your account on the My Account Dashboard tab. Please note that you may not be able to delete User Content that has been shared with others through the Service and that you may not be able to delete information that has been shared with third parties, though we can work with you to prohibit your data from being shared with third parties in the future. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
Upon request, Restafy will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering for an account on Restafy.com or entering a contest sponsored by Restafy, you are agreeing that we may send you promotional emails about our own or third parties’ Services and Products. You can opt-out of receiving certain messages or notifications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails or by contacting our Privacy Administrator at email@example.com. Please note that you may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as purchase confirmations, Service-related emails, product service experience, technical notices, or other transactions.
Information you choose to share with others
Restafy gives you the ability to share information with other individuals who have Restafy accounts through forums and other sharing features (such information is “User Content”). Please refer to your settings. You may be required to opt-in to some of this sharing, but some features require an opt-out. Also, please note that certain types of your User Content may be viewable by other Restafy users/customers and once posted, you may not be able to delete or modify such content.
In general, once personal information is shared or disclosed, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to contain or retrieve. Restafy will have no responsibility or liability for any consequences that may result because you have released or shared personal information with others. Likewise, if you are reading this because you have access to the personal information of a Restafy customer, we urge you to recognize your responsibility to protect the privacy of that person. It is incumbent upon all customers to share personal information and account access only with people they know and trust.
If you no longer wish to participate in our Services or no longer wish to have your personal information be used, you may close your account by sending a request to Customer Care. When closing an account, we remove all Sleep Information within your account (or profile) within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your request. As stated in any applicable Consent Document, however, Sleep Assessment, Home Sleep Test Kit Information, and Sleep Profile Information that you have previously provided and for which you have given consent to use in Restafy Research cannot be removed from ongoing or completed studies that use the information. Our contracted Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility may also retain your Sleep Information as required by local law and we may retain backup copies for a limited period of time pursuant to our data protection policies. In addition, we retain limited Registration Information related to your order history (e.g., name, contact, and transaction data) as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, as well as for accounting, audit and compliance purposes.
6. Important Information
Restafy takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, Restafy uses a range of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard your Personal Information. In particular, all connections to and from our website and mobile application are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password, username, secret questions and answers, and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party, limit access to your computer and browser, log out after having used our Services, and should immediately notify Restafy of any unauthorized use of your password. Restafy cannot secure Personal Information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Restafy or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities and, therefore, your information may be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions which may be different from the laws of your country of residence.
Restafy is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults. Restafy does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Site from persons under 18 years of age, and neither Restafy nor any of its Services are designed for, intended to attract, or directed toward children under the age of 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If Restafy learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected by Restafy, then Restafy will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
7. Contact Information
222 South 15th Street,
Omaha, NE 68102